- Arrest refers to the arrest of a suspect by a federal law enforcement agency.
- Prosecution refers to the investigation of criminal matters.
- Pretrial release includes the release and detention of defendants before adjudication.
- Adjudication covers the criminal court proceedings through case disposition.
- Sentencing covers sentences imposed on convicted defendants.
- Appeals covers cases filed and terminated on appeals.
- Corrections includes offenders under supervision (i.e., probation, supervised release, or parole) and offenders in prison.
Federal Justice Statistics Program (FJSP)
Data available from the FJSP
Overview of Federal Criminal Case Processing