- Arrest refers to the arrest of a suspect by a Federal law enforcement agency.
- Prosecution refers to the investigation of criminal matters.
- Pretrial release includes the release and detention of defendants before adjudication.
- Adjudication covers the criminal court proceedings through case disposition.
- Sentencing covers sentences imposed on convicted defendants.
- Appeals covers cases filed and terminated on appeals.
- Corrections includes offenders under supervision (i.e., probation, supervised release, or parole) and offenders in prison.
Learn more about:
Federal Justice Statistics Program (FJSP)
Data available from the FJSP
Overview of Federal criminal case processing